Quilotoa Full Day
3 hours from Quito we find the Los Ilinizas Ecological Reserve where one of its main attractions is the turquoise lagoon that is located in the Quilotoa crater.
Where you can enjoy a spectacular day making a walk to the shore of the lagoon, having as an option to kayak and on the return you can choose to climb on horseback to the beginning of the trail. We can also visit one of the indigenous peoples surrounding this great attraction, and enjoy their daily activities with them.
Remember to wear warm clothes with you, because you never know when a rain may be our companion. We will also visit the magnificent canyon of the Toachi River, which is on the way to our beautiful lagoon, our guide will tell us a little about its history and more.
If you want to know more about this spectacular place, know our itinerary so you can enjoy all the activities that Quilotoa lagoon has prepared for you.
|07:00||Leave from Plaza Foch (Juan Leon Mera and Mariscal Foch)|
|09:30||Explore the market of Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday)|
|10:45||Depart to Quilotoa Crater Lake|
|12:15||Arrive at Laguna Quilotoa & hike down to the lake to enjoy some free time to explore. Entrance fee $2 Mules rent $10 optional, Kayaking $3 optional|
|18:00||Arrive in Quito|
* Note: All times are approximate, EXCEPT starting time
1. Departure Plaza Foch (7:00 am).
2. Arrival to Saquisili (Thursdays), Pujili (Sundays).
3. Exploration of the local market.
4. Stop in the community of Tigua.
– Visit of the Tigua paintings gallery.
5. Visit to the viewpoint of the Toachi River.
– Time for pictures and explanation by the guide.
6. Arrival to the Quilotoa lagoon.
– Explanation by the guide.
– Visit of the lagoon 2hr approximately. (Entrance fee $2 Mules rent $10 optional, Kayaking $3 optional)
8. Back to Quito (Arrival at approximately 6:00 pm).
– Certified bilingual guide.
WHAT TO BRING
– Trekking clothes.
– Wool cap.
– Trekking shoes.
– Waterproof sweater.
– Buff (Mask).
– Trekking poles if you have them.
|Shared Tour||55 p.p|
|Private Tour||1 pax $ 230 – 2 pax $ 115 – 3 pax $ 85pp (any day)|
|Full-Day Transportation:||$ 200 – for a group 4 pax – 6 max pax (Spanish speaking driver)|